We’re pleased to announce the following options for bill payments.
- Pre-authorized payment service through any chequing account, or from your Visa or Master Card. Simply fill in this form, and return it to our office.
- Our online bill payment page is available to pay your bill with your Visa or Master Card.
- Online or Telephone Banking with BMO (Bank of Montreal), CIBC, Scotia Bank, RBC (Royal Bank), and all Credit Unions.
Note: We are set up with Credit Union Central as a Vendor. It is up to individual Credit Unions to add us to their Vendor list. If you can’t add us as a Vendor, contact your branch and ask them to add us.
For those of you using online or telephone banking, please remove Net Idea, and add ‘Secure by Design’. Your account number does not change.
We also accept Visa, Master Card, and Interac when paying in person at our office.
How does the billing system work?
- Monthly Customers: Invoices are sent out via e-mail on your renewal date each month and is billed in advance of time used. (ie. if your renewal is May 7, an invoice is e-mailed on May 7th and is due within 7 days for Internet Access from May 7th to April 7th).
- Annual Customers: Invoices are sent out via e-mail on your renewal date and is billed in advance of time used. (ie. if your renewal is May 7, an invoice is e-mailed on May 7th and is due by May 14th for Internet Access from May 7th to May 7th of the following year).
- Overtime Charges: Unlike your renewal, overtime hours (dial-up) and extra transfer (high speed ADSL) are billed out only after they have been incurred. You will be billed overtime/extra transfer for the current month’s usage. For example, if your renewal date is May 7th your usage/transfer is calculated from April 7th to May 6th.
What happens when I miss a payment?
Accounts are considered past due at 30 days from invoice date. A late fee calculated at 2% per month compounded monthly or 26.8% per annum will be applied to balances outstanding over 30 days. Minimum charge of $1.00.
At 60 days overdue, the customer will receive notification that we will be disconnecting within 2 weeks if the account is not paid in full. High speed ADSL accounts are also subject to a $50 re-connection fee.
Accounts that are 90 days in arrears will be sent to our collection agency.
Can I suspend my account while I am away?
This service is available to dial-up customers only
If we are notified in advance, we can suspend a dial-up account while on vacation (minimum one month). High speed connections cannot currently be suspended. This is very convenient for those who go away months at a time. If the account is prepaid for the year and is suspended we will move your renewal date ahead by the amount of time you are away. For monthly users the suspension will stop the billing process while they are away and you need just pay your upcoming month once you reconnect. For all suspended accounts we need to be notified to reactivate the account upon your return.
We also offer an email only service plan so that you can continue to check your email using our web mail service while you are away from home.