This section will help you download, install and run NetXpress dial-up accelerator. If you’d prefer more detailed step-by-step installation instructions, click here. The minimum system requirements are a Pentium 200MHz (or equivalent) with 64MB RAM, at least 5MB of hard-drive space. NetXpress works with the Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox web browsers, and Internet Explorer 7 and Mozilla Firefox 2 are now supported on the Windows platform.
- Click here to download the NetXpress 5.1 installer for Windows 98, 2000 and XP
- Click here to download NetXpress for Mac OS 10.3 or greater
- Download the installer to your desktop
- Once the download has completed, proceed to Step 2
2. Install – (Mac Installation instructions coming soon. Please call us for assistance)
- On your Desktop you will find an icon called “NetXpress_Installer”
- Double-click the icon to start the installation procedure
- Once the installation finishes you will be prompted for a username and password. Enter the username and password that SBD provided you when you signed up. If you don’t know your username or password, you can get them by calling SBD and speaking with our technical support staff.
- To avoid having to keep entering your username and password each time, ensure that the “Save Password” box is checked and then proceed to Step 3
3. Starting NetXpress
- NetXpress is automatically started when your computer starts up
- Internet acceleration will begin as soon as a supported browser (such as Internet Explorer) is started
- On some Windows platforms a bubble icon will appear when the NetXpress connection has been established. On all other Windows platforms, you can verify that the NetXpress connection has been established by selecting NetXpress Status from the pop-up menu
4. Browse the Web
- Browse the web as you normally would
- When finished, simply close your browser and NetXpress will remain idle in your system tray
- If you desire to stop the application after browsing, select Stop NetXpress from the pop-up menu, or if you desire to exit the application all together, click Exit from the pop-up menu
5. Further Assistance
- If you’re having trouble installing the product, consult the detailed installation instructions
- To get the most out of your new software, please see the Product Guide
- If you experience problems downloading, installing or running NetXpress, consult the FAQs sections for further assistance
Still having trouble? Feel free to contact us for product support or feedback.