Setting up Outlook Express
When you first open Outlook Express, it may start the Internet Connection Wizard to create a new account automatically, allowing you to skip to step 3 (below). If it doesn’t, do the following:
- Click on Tools -> Accounts.
- Click on Add -> Mail. This will open the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Enter your name in Display Name. Click Next.
- Enter your Email Address, ie firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Next.
- For E-mail Server Names, set it to POP3, and enter the following
Incoming mail: mail.secure-by-design.com
Outgoing mail: mail.secure-by-design.com
- Enter your Account name (username) and password. Click Next.
- Click Finish to save the basic configuration.
- You’ll be back at the Internet Accounts screen. If not, click Tools -> Accounts.
- Click on the Mail tab.
- Highlight your mail.secure-by-design.com account and click Properties on the right side.
- Click the Server tab. On this screen check “My server requires authentication”, located near the bottom of the screen under “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Click the Advanced tab. Check both boxes labeled “This server requires a secure connection (SSL)”. Change 25 to 465 for the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) port.
- Click OK to save your changes.
- Click Close to exit the Internet Accounts screen.